Have you hired an Interpreter?
Use TikkTalk’s checker to see if they are certified by the Norwegian government!
There are 1614 (01.08.2018) certified interpreters in Norway.
Be sure that the ones you are hiring are certified by the Norwegian government.
What qualifications do the interpreters have in the register?
The interpreters in the register are divided into five categories where interpreters in category 1 are the highest qualified.
- Category 1: Interprets with a State Authorization Exam in Interpreting and Interpreting Education (30 ECTS credits)
- Category 2: Interprets with a state authorization test in interpretation
- Category 3: Interpreter’s interpretation (30 credits)
- Category 4: State-authorized translators with basic interpretation
- Category 5: Passed bilingual tests and basic interpretation
IMDi is working on further developing the Norwegian National Interpreter’s Register. The new register will be available in 2020. Meanwhile, the registry is available at tolkeportalen.no.
|Check interpreter name||Language (in Norwegian)|